A lockout is a situation when you’re locked out of your car and are unable to get back inside. This can happen due to a number of reasons:
– You forget your key inside and hurriedly close the door.
– You lose the key and don’t have a backup key with you.
– Your key breaks inside the lock and the door lock is jammed.
– You haven’t been given the key to the car, but you need to get inside immediately.
– Someone has stolen your car keys.
Car lockouts are fairly common. When it happens to you, stop and breathe first. Thinking calmly will help in a potentially tense situation. Ask yourself if you have a spare key anywhere. Most cars have automatic locks that lock all doors at once when you press the lock button on the key fob. However, some cars still lock only doors and not trunks.
– Keep copies of your keys in places that are secure. The old fashioned magnetic key holders that you can hide under your car still work great.
– Give a copy of the car key to a trusted spouse, companion, family member or friend. You can also keep a copy in your safe deposit box.
– If you have an electronic key fob, regularly try unlocking the car doors manually to ensure the keys work correctly. If the key fob stops work due to a low battery or other reason, you don’t want to be caught with a bent door key that fails to work.
Calling a Professional Locksmith:
Being locked out can make you feel powerless and disempowered. With lockout service, you never have to worry about what you’ll do if you can’t get in. Best Rate Locksmiths is designed to help you gain access into your car quickly.